Saturday, August 5, 2017

A new start.....


Wow, can't believe it has been 4 years since I posted anything here.  Just goes to show how busy life has been.  That includes returning to work full time, which often involved 6 day weeks and periods of intense travel between Melbourne and Sydney.

On the positive side, I can report that I still managed to find time to keep my PL up to date.

The biggest change in my approach to scrapbooking over the last four years is I tried out more of Ali Edwards classes and some of her smaller projects - December Daily, Week In The Life and Day In the Life.  I have also taken her "One Little Word" project last year and this year.

This week brought with it confirmation of another big change in my and my families lives.  I have been a contractor working on various projects at NAB since June 2009, and my current contract is due to expire at the end of September this year.  But things have been difficult the past 2 years, more so the last 8 months, and so hubby and I decided that the time is right for me to take some time off.

From last week I will only be working 3 days a week and this will run through to the end of August. And then I am taking time off - the plan is that I will return to work somewhere in February 2018.

The main driver is so that I can spend more time with my boys (14 and 10).  So that means I will do all the household stuff during school hours, allowing me to really be available to them when they are home.

Of course, there are other benefits to this time off.  Like being able to spend some time looking after me.  I have just changed gyms to one that has a big variety of classes to go to.  I am going to sit and read more.

And of course I am going to scrapbook more.  I have a list of projects I want to finish and even start.  And sometimes knowing those things are there to be done puts pressure on ourselves.
So I am going to tackle that list with gusto!  I have already started - i bought some older December Daily albums from Ali Edwards in her last sale and created albums using the content I had put into my normal PL albums for 2012, 2013 and 2014.  And it feels great!

And I created a 6x8 album for my 50th birthday party (which I might share at some stage here).

I want to keep track of all the projects I am tackling and completing, so am going to use this blog to do that.

I hope you can pop by sometimes and check out my progress.

Amanda

No comments :

Post a Comment