Thursday, August 2, 2012

To PL or not to PL?

So, a few months ago I came across Becky Higgins Project Life. (I admit I was looking for Becky Fleck and clicked on a different link) In the 4 years I have been scrapping I have stuck to 12x12 layouts, cards and OTP projects.
But I have been following the PL work of some wonderfully talented ladies on a FB group and wondering whether I should give this a go.  As with any scrapping, you can use whatever supplies you want, but Becky Higgins produces her own line of PL supplies....to make things really easy for those starting out - well, that's what I've been told.  The only trouble with that is you have to order things from Craft House in NZ and......all the main items have been on back order for months.  Is that because most people do PL year by year...so why would you need anything mid year? Don't know.
But, on the FB page early Saturday morning (just towards the end of the Olympics opening ceremony) someone was selling some new supplies......so I took the plunge and purchased enough supplies to get me started (well, and keep me going for a couple of years).
Today I am sitting here waiting on the delivery....although knowing my luck they won't get here till tomorrow....or worse still while I am in the bathroom and don't hear the door......with my mind in a whirl about what I want to use PL for.  I'm thinking I will use it to document a year in my life, in a bit more detail than my 'decorative' scrapping.  And I'm not going to wait for Jan 1st to start....never put off till tomorrow what you can do today and all that.
And to try to keep me true to the goal....I'm going to try and blog it too.
Come join me on my journey.
Amanda

No comments :

Post a Comment