Sunday, March 24, 2013

Studio Calico Week 10

There has been a lot of talk about the Studio Calico Project Life kits - whether they are worth the money, why there is such a big queue, the ridiculous prices people are paying for them on ebay etc.
I didn't order or waitlist for these kits -  think I have enough supplies to last me a LONG time - but.....one of the FB girls posted that she had the January and February kits and was going digital so wanted to sell them.  Timing was on my side and I purchased them.  Week 10 I decided I would use some of the February kit as follows:
Left hand side - Flair button on title (together with a doilie from a doilie swap in the PL group), filler cards and combination of a 4x6 (reverse) and journal card.

Continued on the right hand side - love the wood veneer filler card, which I also added washi and flair button from the kit to.

So....what do I think of the kit?  Well, I still have a lot to use - the kit is designed to be enough for a whole month - and while I like most of the contents, I can't say that I think it's good value.  It is nice to have some different items though.

As you can see, I bought a MacBook in Week 10 - next step is to learn how to use PSE11 so I can add 'stuff' to my photos and be a bit more creative......will see in coming weeks if that is the case.

The two page spread looks like this:

Thanks for visiting,
Amanda

No comments :

Post a Comment